Over the last few years we’ve seen trends come and go but one trend is on the upswing and we don’t think it’s going anywhere: tiny weddings! Otherwise known as an intimate or small wedding. You may have been to a few of them already, but we think that more and more, couples are choosing to go tiny for a number of reasons. Are you deciding whether or not to have a tiny wedding?
Here are 6 reasons why having a tiny wedding could make your special day just that much more special:
- Fewer Guests – We know, your family is gigantic and your 2nd cousin’s husbands family wants to come! But is that what you want? Fewer guests gives you the opportunity to really, truly spend your wedding day with the people that you love and that love you! You will get the chance to talk with each of them throughout your day rather than stop by for a quick “Thank you for coming!” and on to the next guest.
- Smaller Bill – A smaller guest list means smaller everything. You can choose a more intimate venue rather than a large one (which could’ve been more expensive). A smaller guest list also means less food to pay for and fewer drinks, fewer favors, fewer centerpieces, basically less of everything! Which usually equals more money in your wallet at the end.
- Say ‘Yes!’ – So you’re saving all of the money on a smaller guest list, you can splurge a little (if you want!) on things you really want for your small wedding. Wanted that adorable photo booth? You can do it now! How about those beautiful crystal, calligraphy place cards for your guests that double as favors? Do it!
- Involvement – If there are fewer people in attendance at your small wedding, then this can give you a unique opportunity. You have the chance to do something that makes it feel like everyone is really involved on your wedding day. For example: you can have one large reception table so everyone feels like family during dinner! So much fun!
- Destination Wedding – You can take this chance, with a smaller wedding, to spend your wedding day at a different location. Your pick! There’s more of a chance that more of the people you invite from a small list will end up going with you. And like we said in our previous post, if you still want that crazy party, come back and have a reception for all of the people that you didn’t invite or couldn’t make it!
- Future – Along with a smaller bill in the end, you have the chance to save money to put towards your future as a married couple after your small wedding day. Why not put that extra savings towards a down payment on your new home? Or how about on that amazing honeymoon you really would like to take. You’d have the opportunity to make even more memories as a couple.
So what do you think? There is no denying the benefits that can come from having a tiny wedding but is it for you?
There are lots of things to consider when planning your wedding and you just can’t rule out the idea of having a small wedding!
Best of luck in your planning and congratulations!
Blame it on the millennials for changing things up. Many of today’s brides are opting for a destination wedding (DW) with close family and friends and then having an AHR (At-Home Reception) for their extended families and friends once they return. The AHR can occur weeks or months after the ceremonial part has concluded. This is an extremely attractive option as the most popular chosen destination wedding locales include Hawaii, Mexico, Bahamas, US Virgin Islands and Turks & Caicos. These locations offer the beautiful scenery, landscape and picture perfect weather that every bride dreams of for her wedding day. The primary drawback to a destination wedding is only a few select guests(which is most often close family and a handful of friends) can attend, which leaves out most of your extended family, friends, coworkers and others who would love to help celebrate your special day.
After the Destination Wedding
The DW is finished and now it’s time to party with all of the guests who could not attend (or weren’t invited) to the wedding ceremony. A party back home allows you to have it both ways — you get your fantasy destination wedding without sacrificing the chance to let a broad circle of friends share in your joy. It allows the folks who didn’t get invited to your I Do’s from feeling left out and takes the pressure off the others who may have gotten an invite to the DW but because of expense or work couldn’t make the trip.
Photography by Mae Small Photography & Birdcage Release
An At Home Reception after the DW can include all or none of the elements of a traditional ceremony and reception day. The key is to make guests feel as though you are doing this for them – as a thank you for supporting them and being part of their lives. The AHR can be as large or small as your budget allows, including dinner, open bar, cake, DJ and dancing!
Many experts agree that an AHR should not include a request for gifts or any “in your face” pictures, slideshows or toasts that include only those who attended your DW. Otherwise, the rest is up to you and your
groom. Enjoy, it’s your day!
Congratulations! You’re engaged!
All of a sudden you have a hundred things on your to-do lists, family to call, friends to ask for their help to be in your wedding party and then there is the matter of your wedding date. Ah, the wedding date. There are certain times a year in your region of the country that are the most popular times to get married and
more often than not (but winter weddings are so gorgeous!), a couple will go straight for those months because that’s what you know and usually it’s the best temperature outside. Nebraska? June and August last year were our most popular months. Right after that? July and September! The temperatures are nice and you have a decent chance that you know what the weather will bring on your wedding day.
But let’s talk about some other options because you literally have an entire year of dates to choose from!
That “busy” or “peak” season is popular and you will pay for it. There won’t be very many discounts or promotions because businesses don’t need to offer them in order to book those months. But off-season, or winter weddings in Nebraska, wedding dates are where the savings are! We’ve done a few polls from our bridal shows and have seen that almost every bride that comes through has a budget and would like to stick to it for their wedding. That can be really hard to do and get everything that you want. Off-season dates are one of the easiest ways to save money for your wedding and wedding reception.
Winter Wedding Benefits
Let’s use DC Centre for an example, since we can speak to what we do. November, December and January in the midwest can be cold and unpredictable but that should not be a reason to completely discount a season. Some of the most stunning photos we’ve seen have been in snowy weather (Thank you, Pinterest!). Your reception is most likely going to be inside leaving the weather outside which means for about 6 hours, you just won’t notice it. You could also just really love winter and that’s a bonus for you. So what do you get for having a winter wedding? Well for one, you get married! I kid, but really…you could save hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars just on the venue rental charge. So you get a “cheap wedding venue” but is anything but!
Savings on your wedding venue could just be the beginning of your savings! Businesses are willing to work with you during off-season days to fill their calendar, so be willing to work on your date. You may also have more options of businesses to work with since it is a little slower season for weddings.
Make sure to sound off on our Facebook page post with this article and let us know what you think! Are you choosing or did you choose an off-season wedding day and what did you think? We love seeing those winter wedding photos!
VIP Sedan & Limousine will treat you as a VIP!
Whether you need intimate transportation for just the two of you, a LimoBus for the entire wedding party, shuttling for the guests or a vehicle for the bachelor/bachelorette party.
VIP has an entire option of small fleet and large fleet options to meet all of your pre-wedding and wedding day needs. We are proud to offer an impeccable fleet of Stretch Limousines, Executive Sedans, Sport Utility Vehicles, LimoBusses, and Super-Stretch Limousines. With lavish interiors, you’ll travel in style and comfort with the best limousine service in the Omaha area. VIP Limousine has a full-time detailing and mechanic team to professionally maintain all of our vehicles, and we employ a professional staff of chauffeurs that have passed both background and substance screenings. The safety and comfort of our passengers is our first priority!
We understand that on your special day you need reliable, clean, and enjoyable transportation. With our exclusive wedding package, all of the details are taken care of for you so you don’t worry about a thing.
Our Wedding Package Includes:
- A Professionally Attired Chauffeur
- Complimentary Champagne or Sparkling Beverage
- Red Carpet Service
- “Just Married” Signs
- Optional Discounted Get Away Sedan After Reception
As you consider your transportation needs, please do not hesitate to contact us at 402-934-5466 or firstname.lastname@example.org. It would truly be our pleasure to treat you, your fiancé, and the entire wedding party as VIPs.
This is a sponsored post.
Wedding Invitations with a custom design start at $1.25 each.
Weddings By Carue offers affordable customized weddings invitations, save the dates, programs or any other printed stationery you may need.
Custom Unlimited Designing + Printed Proof + Personal Service + Helpful Advice = Your Perfect Invitation <3
We would love to be part of your big day, so contact Jeanne at email@example.com or 402.513.4399 to setup a consultation and create your perfect wedding invitations! We are excited to hear from you!
This is a sponsored post.