Usually, there is a time and place for everything and tech use tends to follow this rule. More and more nowadays though, you see the use of tech at weddings in a variety of different ways and we can’t blame you! Why not showcase your digital world IRL? It is such a large part of our lives that completely leaving the modern world at the door to your wedding feels a little weird.
Here are our favorite ways that you can use tech at weddings:
* We are all so used to using our phones for everything we do, including notes, emails and even books. So why not rely on your trusty cell to keep your vows safe? If you don’t want to fumble with paper up at the front of your family and friends, who may here that paper shaking if you’re a little nervous, using your Notes app on your phone could be a really good option for you. We’ve even seen couples set their relationship status on Facebook to married at the end of their ceremony! Just throwing it out there. Really brings the tech at weddings front and center!
* Your BFF or aunt can’t make it to the big day but you really want them there to at least see the ceremony? Skype it! If you have a computer and there’s wifi at your ceremony location, there shouldn’t be any reason you can’t make it happen.
* It’s pretty likely that your friends are going to be taking photos the entire wedding, unless you ask them not to. Why not take advantage and give them a hashtag to use so you can go back and see all of those photos in one convenient grid. It gives you the opportunity to see your wedding from a different view. There are tons of Pinterest ideas an framing Instagram photos or even turning them into magnets. What an awesome little keepsake! Make sure you choose a hashtag that isn’t too long, easy to remember and type but a little clever so you aren’t sharing the hashtag with hundreds of other photos on Instagram. #weloveit #dccentre #techatweddings
* Have an iPad laying around and have a little DIY running through your veins? Try your hand at a DIY iPad Photo Booth! Seriously, this could be so fun for you and your guests. Really get into it with a creative backdrop and fun props for an unforgettable addition to your night.
With over around 150 weddings every year, we’ve seen a lot. There are so many great ideas we see from our clients, their creativity is pretty amazing. What is your favorite way to see tech at weddings? Let us know on our Facebook page! Any ideas we can share are always welcome.
We know, we know…there are so many reception venues in Omaha and they all offer a variety of different services, where do you even start when going to go check them out? Some venues have different rules for bringing food in to the facility, some have rules about staffing, there are different rules about deposits and cancellations. DC Centre has been a reception venue for over 30 years, so we’ve picked up a few things that may be useful to you. We’ve adjusted our model over the years to make sure that it is the easiest possible process for you as a client. Less unknowns, less to worry about!
Here is a list of questions that you can ask any reception venue not only for wedding venues in Omaha but any city, the answers are only good and bad depending on what you want. This will just give you a better idea of what you may want to know:
- What is your payment policy?
- Can I have my ceremony at your facility?
- Do you offer event insurance?
- Is there lodging nearby?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- How much is required for a deposit?
- Do I pay for security?
- What is the latest time my event can conclude?
- Who does the clean-up?
- What vendors do I have to use for my cake, music, photos, etc?
- When can I bring decorations or drop off items for my reception?
- Can I bring my own liquor?
- Do you have guest minimums?
- What kind of discounts do you offer?
- What is the price range for a sit-down or a buffet dinner?
- Is there a dance floor?
- What does the ballroom rental fee include?
- Is there free parking?
- Are bartenders and servers extra?
- What decorations are available?
- Are there decorations that I can rent?
- Do you do pre-nuptial and rehearsal dinners?
- What about a gift opening brunch for the following morning?
- What color of linens are available?
- What happens to the cost of my reception if your prices go up?
- Do you cut the cake?
DC Centre would love the opportunity to answer any and all of these questions while you search for your wedding reception venue. Make sure to give us a call or chat with us to set up a private tour and we will help make your wedding day everything you’ve been dreaming of, at a cost you were hoping for!
Just a little update from DC Centre!
Our Spring Bridal Show was fantastic! We had so many wonderful vendors, quite a few that come back to each of our three shows throughout the year and some new ones as well.
We also did a giveaway from us to one of the lucky, randomly chosen pre-registered brides from the show. We had a custom print made with the bride and her groom’s names etched in a heart on a tree with their wedding date. It was so cute! Congratulations Deb!
Our next show will take place on July 13th. Make sure to check back on our events page for update and to pre-register. You may win our next giveaway! Here are a couple photos of the Spring Bridal Show (For more, go to our Facebook):