Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life. The day you’ve chosen to forever share yourself and your world with your significant other. It’s so special! You’ve planned everything from the moment you get ready to the honeymoon the day after. And boy, do we know how much time, money and just overall emotion went into creating this day. We’re sure you’ve had the chance to create a schedule for the day. And if you haven’t, we can walk through some bullet points on what to make sure is on there! The other thing is who you will need to make sure has this schedule to make your life easier.
Create a Schedule
Here is a quick bullet list of how to create a schedule of events for your wedding day:
- Start with the events that are specifically timed through your vendors already. If you know that your ceremony is at a church and starts at a specific time, then there’s one. Then you have the beginning time of when the reception venue can be accessed, when they close, etc.
- Begin to fill in with key moments such as when the food is going to be served. The time you want to make your exit. What time your hair and makeup appointment is prior to your ceremony.
- Ask the vendors if there are any pieces that need to be scheduled. This can be things like the first dance with the DJ or the cake cutting.
- Take into consideration things like travel time and photos.
Who to Share Your Schedule With
You may think it gives you peace of mind that you have this perfectly planned schedule but only if you share it! You need to share it with a number of people in order to make sure that everyone is on the same page as you. Here’s a list of people you could share your schedule with:
- Your spouse (we hope this was a no-brainer)
- Your wedding party
All of those people can benefit from knowing more about your planned day and what is happening. So make sure to not only be on top of everything but to bring everyone else up to speed as well. Happy planning!