11830 Stonegate Dr. Omaha, NE 68164
(402) 393-7431 firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 05/19/2020
DC Centre Opens Doors to Help Red Cross During COVID-19
Banquet Facility is Donating Space for a Red Cross Blood Drive
Omaha, NE – On May 27th from 8am until 1pm, DC Centre will be partnering with American Red Cross for a blood drive during COVID-19. They will be providing space during a time when finding a location for a drive has been difficult with many businesses, schools and other large venues closed. DC Centre will provide 13,824 square feet of space at 11830 Stonegate Dr., Omaha, NE, 68164 to allow for appropriate social distancing between donors.
On the decision to donate space for the blood drive, DC Centre Owner Pamela Christianson says, “It’s been a challenging time for everyone including DC Centre. We’ve been unable to hold functions for a couple months now. But when we were approached about working with the Red Cross, it wasn’t even a question for us that we wanted to support our community.” People wanting to participate and help their community, can sign up online for scheduled appointments at RedCrossBlood.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767). Use Sponsor Code: DCCENTRE
DC Centre will be continuing to disinfect and sanitize the entire facility daily. The Red Cross has provided these details about their protocol on their website:
“Red Cross Donation Safety Protocols
● Wearing gloves and changing them often
● Wiping down donor-touched areas after every collection
● Using sterile collection sets for every donation
● Preparing the arm for donation with aseptic scrub
● Conducting donor mini-physicals to ensure donors are healthy and well on day of donation
They have also increased their vigilance concerning some of these safety protocols including:
● Enhanced disinfecting of surfaces and equipment
● Providing hand sanitizer for use before entering and throughout the donation appointment
● Temperature checks before presenting donors enter the blood drive or donation center
● Following social distancing practices between donors including donor beds, as well as waiting and refreshment areas
● During this time, blankets typically used by platelet, Power Red and AB Elite donors at Red Cross blood donation centers will be laundered after each use, which may limit the availability. Donors are encouraged to bring their own blankets, but electric blankets and heating pads are not permitted.
● Staff wearing basic face masks
● For the safety of our donor community and in accordance with CDC guidelines, all donors are required to wear a face covering or mask. Please bring a face covering or mask to your donation. If you do not have one, a mask will be provided to you.”
About DC Centre Banquet Facility:
DC Centre is a wedding and banquet facility in Omaha, Nebraska. Founded in 1988, they have worked with thousands of clients on their weddings, birthday parties, anniversaries, corporate events, holiday parties and more. DC Centre has had local awards such as Best of Omaha Reception Venue and The Knot Best of Weddings.