We received an email from The Knot about this year’s most popular trends that brides are using on their wedding day. After reading through the list, we think a variety of events could use these trends to liven it up a little bit! Here are the trends that can give your event some direction:
1. Great Gatsby
Bringing the 1920s back to life is the theme for this kind of event! Some ideas to enhance this theme are tapered candles, gold accents, slim and chic dresses, bold rich colors and great food and drinks!
2. English Romance- Bringing this theme into an event would work very well for a wedding. We would recommend using soft pastel colors, having an outdoor ceremony and simple but well thought out details such as choosing a romantic and soft typography.
3. Mod Accents-
This particular theme is very self explanatory and easy to replicate! Bold color choices along with strong shapes can make you feel like you’re back in the 60s. Want some other great inspiration? The television series Mad Men! Pinterest has hundreds of ideas like this one here:
4. Homestead Elegance – A absolutely huge trend right now is “rustic chic.” Brides combining the ranch look with modern and sleek additions to create a glam feel. If you’re look for inspiration for this kind of theme, you don’t have to look far because it’s everywhere! Starting with the venue to set the feeling, a common trend is to use a barn or a ranch as the backdrop. Bringing in gold accents, candles, chandeliers and wonderful food can bring together that chic feeling that pulls together this theme.
5. EMERALD- This beautiful jewel tone is the Pantone color for 2013, so what better place to show it off than your event? Simple ways to incorporate the color without going overboard: use it for bridesmaids’ dresses, use the color in text on invitations or create flower arrangements with this stunning color and mix it with some more neutral tones such as white and ivory.
6. Hashtag weddings - Most of use social media nowadays, why not give your guests a way to talk about your wedding! And there is no reason this doesn’t work for events as well. Using a hashtag for a specific event or even a seminar can create an open forum for discussion without the speaker bring interrupted.
7. Couture Cocktails – One of the things that we suggest to our brides is creating their own signature drink using ingredients that are included in their bar option. It’s a personal touch right at the bar, and you don’t have to be a mixologist to create one! Below is a glob post from Etsy about creating your own custom cocktail.
8. Farm to Fork – If it is something that is important to you, incorporating locally grown food into your menu and providing information for your guests on the menu card is a wonderful and personal touch.
9. Reception Lounges – Creating a lounge atmosphere is a fun trend going around now. Instead of using the traditional round tables around the dance floor, set an array of furniture such as couches and cocktail tables.
10. Guest Entertainment – We all want to make sure our guests are having a fun time at our event, more and more events are bringing in entertainers, photo booths with props or creating a fun personalized dance routine!