Are you not quite the traditional bride? Looking for a way to maybe save a little money on your wedding? You have to consider the possibility of having a brunch wedding! It can be so beautifully done and done in an affordable way.
Here are some ideas to consider if you are thinking about having a brunch wedding reception:
- Not sure what to do if there isn’t dance music? And obviously having silence is just…awkward. You can have a DJ, just pick some classics! Maybe having your DJ play songs from the likes of Michael Bublé, Frank Sinatra and John Legend would create a fun yet relaxing brunch. The other option could be having live music. Whether you want a live band, we’ve seen a few bluegrass bands that are definitely fun entertainment or for a more classic and elegant vibe you could go towards a string quartet.
- There may be a full bar at an evening reception but you could have some pretty awesome drink options for a brunch reception. A couple of our favorites have to be the mimosa bar and the Bloody Mary bar. Guests can choose their own ingredients! Not big drinkers? How about an ice tea bar?!
- The menu can vary depending on your favorite breakfast food. Bacon, eggs, quiche, hash browns…what about an omelette station? Breakfast food is amazing! (Can you tell it’s one of our favorites?) Big trend in NY right now? Frittatas! They feel lighter but are still substantial without being too rich.
- The dessert options are endless! Cake? Absolutely. Cookies? Um, yeah! Chocolate croissants? You just can’t leave out anything with chocolate.
- You can also still have all those little traditional moments in your reception if you’d like too! First dance, father-daughter, mother-son, bouquet toss. Since you have some nice music going it’s the perfect atmosphere for such memorable moments.
- The other nice thing about having this kind of reception is you and your guests have literally the rest of the day to do whatever you’d please! Brunch receptions usually happen between 11am-2pm, if you want a breakfast reception the earliest would be 9am. Hang out with your new hubby and relax afterwards, go have a nice dinner that night maybe! Or even better, start your honeymoon early and head out without being super exhausted. Believe us, your guests will thank you for this one! Except for maybe the earlier wake-up call, but we think it’s worth it.
- Just in case you didn’t already have this in mind, brunch weddings are usually less expensive. Bonus! Breakfast/brunch food tends to be less expensive to begin with. Then because it is not “prime” time, the cost of the venue may go down as well.
Do a little research and make sure that you make it just as unique as you are. Brunch wedding have the opportunity to be absolutely beautiful and we always want to make sure that you have all the options when considering what to do with your wedding day. As always, we wish you the very best in your planning! Good luck!
Hello busy brides!
We know, better than most, that sometimes the decision to invited couples to bring their children can be a controversial one. On the plus side, it truly is a family event! On the negative, there is a chance that there will be running, screaming and even breaking.
But there are options, there are always options!
Here is a roundup of some of the best ideas to keep your tiny guests entertained and occupied throughout your wedding reception. Make sure to click on each photo to go to the “How-To” on our Pinterest page!
The oldest trick in the book? Coloring! How about these adorable personalized coloring sheets from Etsy? Keep it all wedding themed, even for the little ones!
Want to get a little more creative? This next idea could keep the kids occupied for a while. How about a custom I Spy Game: Wedding Themed!
Photo booths aren’t just for the adults! Yeah, we said it! Why not a booth for the kids? Or some cute props that the kids would love! How about these super hero props?
So we think there is one more idea that is worthy of being mentioned. And let’s be honest, pretty much anything to do with sweets will keep a child’s attention for at least a little bit of time. But what about a cupcake station? Kids get a chance to create their own cupcake creation, toppings and all! Just make sure to put some mats around the area to keep the floor clean!
We know, we know…there are so many reception venues in Omaha and they all offer a variety of different services, where do you even start when going to go check them out? Some venues have different rules for bringing food in to the facility, some have rules about staffing, there are different rules about deposits and cancellations. DC Centre has been a reception venue for over 30 years, so we’ve picked up a few things that may be useful to you. We’ve adjusted our model over the years to make sure that it is the easiest possible process for you as a client. Less unknowns, less to worry about!
Here is a list of questions that you can ask any reception venue not only for wedding venues in Omaha but any city, the answers are only good and bad depending on what you want. This will just give you a better idea of what you may want to know:
- What is your payment policy?
- Can I have my ceremony at your facility?
- Do you offer event insurance?
- Is there lodging nearby?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- How much is required for a deposit?
- Do I pay for security?
- What is the latest time my event can conclude?
- Who does the clean-up?
- What vendors do I have to use for my cake, music, photos, etc?
- When can I bring decorations or drop off items for my reception?
- Can I bring my own liquor?
- Do you have guest minimums?
- What kind of discounts do you offer?
- What is the price range for a sit-down or a buffet dinner?
- Is there a dance floor?
- What does the ballroom rental fee include?
- Is there free parking?
- Are bartenders and servers extra?
- What decorations are available?
- Are there decorations that I can rent?
- Do you do pre-nuptial and rehearsal dinners?
- What about a gift opening brunch for the following morning?
- What color of linens are available?
- What happens to the cost of my reception if your prices go up?
- Do you cut the cake?
DC Centre would love the opportunity to answer any and all of these questions while you search for your wedding reception venue. Make sure to give us a call or chat with us to set up a private tour and we will help make your wedding day everything you’ve been dreaming of, at a cost you were hoping for!
Welcome to the new and improved DC Centre Banquet Facility website! We have created a simpler, cleaner and sophisticated look to our site that truly conveys what DC Centre stands for; Affordable Elegance. We’ve minimized the number of pages you have to search through, we still have a wonderful gallery of photos from local photographers, this blog (!) and connections to all of our social media outlets that you can connect with us at!
We are also revamping our DC Centre Bridal Show! It is one of the most well-attended by both brides and exhibitors in the midwest and we couldn’t be more proud. DC Centre has chosen to make some positive and exciting changes to the show, the biggest of which is the launch of our new Bridal Show website!
If you go to www.dccentrebridalshow.com, you will be able to register you and all your guests (admission is still free!), a countdown to the next show and there is a section that shows an update of the Facebook event and how many are attending! Also on the site will be an entire list of all the exhibitors participating in the show with direct links to their websites. Our exhibitors are amazing and you should be able to reach them!
We hope that you enjoy the changes as much as we do!
Just a little update from DC Centre!
Our Spring Bridal Show was fantastic! We had so many wonderful vendors, quite a few that come back to each of our three shows throughout the year and some new ones as well.
We also did a giveaway from us to one of the lucky, randomly chosen pre-registered brides from the show. We had a custom print made with the bride and her groom’s names etched in a heart on a tree with their wedding date. It was so cute! Congratulations Deb!
Our next show will take place on July 13th. Make sure to check back on our events page for update and to pre-register. You may win our next giveaway! Here are a couple photos of the Spring Bridal Show (For more, go to our Facebook):