We have an awesome March Giveaway on Facebook for you!
We are giving away a $100 Gift Card to BHLDN.com, Anthropologie’s wedding brand. Why are we doing this? For no reason at all! Just because we want to show our appreciation.
The steps to enter are really easy:
1. Like DC Centre’s page on Facebook — Click Here
2. Comment on the giveaway post with your answer to this questions: How do you feel about smashing cake on your SO’s face on the first slice? Fun or Fiasco?
3. (Optional) For an extra entry, like the post!
Entry is for United States residents only at this time. Giveaway will close at 9pm CST, Friday, March 13th. Winner will be announced here on Saturday.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering, entrants agree to a complete release of Facebook.
Want to see how DC Centre compares to the county and country average for wedding cost?
Well we have made a fun infographic for you! This includes DC Centre data from our 2014 weddings, and statistics from costofwedding.com. Something like this can give you a really good idea of not only the national average but of our average and what you can expect when looking at DC Centre for your event. We’re pretty proud of our comparison to the county and national average!
Quite a few of our social media posts, especially Pinterest, tend to be wonderfully things you can DIY for not only your home but more specifically for your wedding. They are beautiful and handmade and it can be fantasic for your budget! But is it worth it?
We’d venture to guess that most brides that choose a DIY wedding project they haven’t taken everything into consideration before deciding that without a doubt, it is now a part of the event. So let’s go through a few points before you write it in ink on your to-do list!
Is this a single item that you have to make?
This can make a huge difference in whether you continue! A single DIY wedding project. Alright, you probably got this. Just make sure you start way in advance of the big day so if you need to redo it, or add something to it you are comfortable and not stressed about it. You know how those Pinterest projects…you finish it and find all these little things you could’ve done different to make it that much better.
Are you thinking about making something for each table?
So you’ve found this incredible DIY wedding centerpiece. Let’s make one! Okay, now with your normal daily schedule, and lets say you are doing it by yourself, how long did that take you? Did one centerpiece take you an entire weekend? A little iffy on this one here depending on your guest count. If you have a 200 person wedding reception, you’re looking at least 20 tables. So expand that out and you are looking at 20 weekends spent on your centerpieces. Is that worth it?
What about a DIY for each place setting?
Hopefully it doesn’t take you an entire weekend to create one DIY wedding item for each guest, then that should be a hard pass. Your time is valuable and so is your sanity! Now a place card or favor that you can knock out in 30 minutes? That’s another story!
Have you thought about transporting it or set-up?
The other thing you have to keep in mind is how are you getting it to the venue. Is it easy enough to put in a box or your car and just take down there? Great! No? Then just rethink it a little bit. And how about setting up? Is it easy enough for the staff at the venue to just set on the table? That’s perfect! If it’s not, then you have to think about who you want to oversee your DIY baby and giving them pictures of exactly how it’s supposed to look, or how you would like it to look. The worst thing is if you had a vision in your mind of what you thought it was going to be and you show up for your own reception, and it looks nothing like that.
DIYs are so much fun and they can create a wonderful addition to your wedding that you personally created. We just want to make sure you don’t go crazy trying to make it happen!
It’s that time of year again! Just a little update from DC Centre!
Our Fall Bridal Show was truly wonderful!
We had so many great vendors, quite a few that come back to each of our three shows throughout the year and some new ones as well. There was a great turnout of brides and their friends, families and SOs and we loved seeing them all!
We did have a giveaway from DC Centre to one of the lucky, randomly chosen pre-registered brides from the show. We had a custom print made with the bride and her groom’s names etched in a heart on a tree with their wedding date. It was so cute! Congratulations Christina!
Missed our November bridal show? No need to worry! Our next show will be on March 8th, so mark your calendars! Check out www.dccentrebridalshow.com to see when to pre-register and vendors that will are participating!
It can be so much fun to take an afternoon and attending a bridal show or two with your bridesmaids, groom and any family you want to bring. Believe us, we’ve been to our fair share of shows. There can be hundreds of business, so many ideas, tastings, giveaways and more. What can be more fun than food and prizes?!
The end game is what is important though. You are getting married and you are usually spending money (not at DC Centre’s Bridal Show!) attending a bridal show so you can meet with all of these businesses in the industry at one place. It should be a big time saver for you…should be!
Here are some of the tips we’ve picked up over the years for brides and their families and friends to get the most out of attending a bridal show.
- Pre-register! Nothing is worse than bring people along with you only to be stopped at the door because you haven’t registered yet. Take the 5 minutes and pre-register online prior to the show so you can drop off your tickets and just walk in and enjoy.
- You know those mailing envelope stickers you put your information on? Time to break those out (with a few tweaks)! You want to put the following on the stickers: Full Name, Address, Phone #, Email Address and Wedding Date. Every time you want to sign up for a giveaway or give your information to a business to have them contact you while you are attending a bridal show, you don’t have to waste time standing and filling out the form! Just slap one of those stickers on and you are off to the next one.
- Let’s address a few things in this list. Why should you put your Address & Phone #? Because half of the time something will go wrong with email, whether it is sent to your Spam or it blocks the business. They have no option to contact you then. Give them at least a second way to reach you, just in case. Email is usually the preferred method though so don’t worry about getting a ton of phone calls or things in your mail.
- You will use your email for everything for your wedding. From contacting your venue, to your florists, even your bridal party! Want to keep all of that in order? Make a wedding email! It will make such a huge difference in your life, we promise. Once you are married, you can go ahead and just delete that account and all of the things with it, and they stay out of your regular email.
- Bring a pad of paper and a mini stapler with you. The pad of paper is so you can take notes on the vendors you talk with. After you’ve received information from the vendor, you can go ahead and just staple everything together and drop it into your bridal show tote.
- You may want to bring your check book or credit card that you are using for the wedding. There may be a vendor that you just love and you’ve seen their work and you are ready to book as you are attending the bridal show. They may also be doing a deal specifically for attending the show that you want to lock in. Better to be prepared than not!
- Our last piece of advice…Have Fun! After all, this is all about your wedding day!