Usually, there is a time and place for everything and tech use tends to follow this rule. More and more nowadays though, you see the use of tech at weddings in a variety of different ways and we can’t blame you! Why not showcase your digital world IRL? It is such a large part of our lives that completely leaving the modern world at the door to your wedding feels a little weird.
Here are our favorite ways that you can use tech at weddings:
* We are all so used to using our phones for everything we do, including notes, emails and even books. So why not rely on your trusty cell to keep your vows safe? If you don’t want to fumble with paper up at the front of your family and friends, who may here that paper shaking if you’re a little nervous, using your Notes app on your phone could be a really good option for you. We’ve even seen couples set their relationship status on Facebook to married at the end of their ceremony! Just throwing it out there. Really brings the tech at weddings front and center!
* Your BFF or aunt can’t make it to the big day but you really want them there to at least see the ceremony? Skype it! If you have a computer and there’s wifi at your ceremony location, there shouldn’t be any reason you can’t make it happen.
* It’s pretty likely that your friends are going to be taking photos the entire wedding, unless you ask them not to. Why not take advantage and give them a hashtag to use so you can go back and see all of those photos in one convenient grid. It gives you the opportunity to see your wedding from a different view. There are tons of Pinterest ideas an framing Instagram photos or even turning them into magnets. What an awesome little keepsake! Make sure you choose a hashtag that isn’t too long, easy to remember and type but a little clever so you aren’t sharing the hashtag with hundreds of other photos on Instagram. #weloveit #dccentre #techatweddings
* Have an iPad laying around and have a little DIY running through your veins? Try your hand at a DIY iPad Photo Booth! Seriously, this could be so fun for you and your guests. Really get into it with a creative backdrop and fun props for an unforgettable addition to your night.
With over around 150 weddings every year, we’ve seen a lot. There are so many great ideas we see from our clients, their creativity is pretty amazing. What is your favorite way to see tech at weddings? Let us know on our Facebook page! Any ideas we can share are always welcome.
We have an awesome March Giveaway on Facebook for you!
We are giving away a $100 Gift Card to BHLDN.com, Anthropologie’s wedding brand. Why are we doing this? For no reason at all! Just because we want to show our appreciation.
The steps to enter are really easy:
1. Like DC Centre’s page on Facebook — Click Here
2. Comment on the giveaway post with your answer to this questions: How do you feel about smashing cake on your SO’s face on the first slice? Fun or Fiasco?
3. (Optional) For an extra entry, like the post!
Entry is for United States residents only at this time. Giveaway will close at 9pm CST, Friday, March 13th. Winner will be announced here on Saturday.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering, entrants agree to a complete release of Facebook.
Want to see how DC Centre compares to the county and country average for wedding cost?
Well we have made a fun infographic for you! This includes DC Centre data from our 2014 weddings, and statistics from costofwedding.com. Something like this can give you a really good idea of not only the national average but of our average and what you can expect when looking at DC Centre for your event. We’re pretty proud of our comparison to the county and national average!
Quite a few of our social media posts, especially Pinterest, tend to be wonderfully things you can DIY for not only your home but more specifically for your wedding. They are beautiful and handmade and it can be fantasic for your budget! But is it worth it?
We’d venture to guess that most brides that choose a DIY wedding project they haven’t taken everything into consideration before deciding that without a doubt, it is now a part of the event. So let’s go through a few points before you write it in ink on your to-do list!
Is this a single item that you have to make?
This can make a huge difference in whether you continue! A single DIY wedding project. Alright, you probably got this. Just make sure you start way in advance of the big day so if you need to redo it, or add something to it you are comfortable and not stressed about it. You know how those Pinterest projects…you finish it and find all these little things you could’ve done different to make it that much better.
Are you thinking about making something for each table?
So you’ve found this incredible DIY wedding centerpiece. Let’s make one! Okay, now with your normal daily schedule, and lets say you are doing it by yourself, how long did that take you? Did one centerpiece take you an entire weekend? A little iffy on this one here depending on your guest count. If you have a 200 person wedding reception, you’re looking at least 20 tables. So expand that out and you are looking at 20 weekends spent on your centerpieces. Is that worth it?
What about a DIY for each place setting?
Hopefully it doesn’t take you an entire weekend to create one DIY wedding item for each guest, then that should be a hard pass. Your time is valuable and so is your sanity! Now a place card or favor that you can knock out in 30 minutes? That’s another story!
Have you thought about transporting it or set-up?
The other thing you have to keep in mind is how are you getting it to the venue. Is it easy enough to put in a box or your car and just take down there? Great! No? Then just rethink it a little bit. And how about setting up? Is it easy enough for the staff at the venue to just set on the table? That’s perfect! If it’s not, then you have to think about who you want to oversee your DIY baby and giving them pictures of exactly how it’s supposed to look, or how you would like it to look. The worst thing is if you had a vision in your mind of what you thought it was going to be and you show up for your own reception, and it looks nothing like that.
DIYs are so much fun and they can create a wonderful addition to your wedding that you personally created. We just want to make sure you don’t go crazy trying to make it happen!
It’s that time of year again! Just a little update from DC Centre!
Our Fall Bridal Show was truly wonderful!
We had so many great vendors, quite a few that come back to each of our three shows throughout the year and some new ones as well. There was a great turnout of brides and their friends, families and SOs and we loved seeing them all!
We did have a giveaway from DC Centre to one of the lucky, randomly chosen pre-registered brides from the show. We had a custom print made with the bride and her groom’s names etched in a heart on a tree with their wedding date. It was so cute! Congratulations Christina!
Missed our November bridal show? No need to worry! Our next show will be on March 8th, so mark your calendars! Check out www.dccentrebridalshow.com to see when to pre-register and vendors that will are participating!