Just a little update on our Summer Bridal Show! We had an OUTSTANDING number of attendees! It was absolutely fantastic, and we had equally amazing exhibitors that were present and excited to meet all of the newly engaged folks.
DC Centre decided to do a giveaway for a set of Kate Spade ‘Mr & Mrs’ toasting flutes and anyone who pre-registered was automatically entered to win. Congratulations Akeyla!
And just in case we had some people who couldn’t attend the show but wanted to win a Kate Spade something, we did our monthly Facebook giveaway the week following the show! We gave away a Kate Spade Grace Avenue Ring Holder in sterling silver. So adorable! Congratulations Wendy!
As always, we love putting on these free bridal shows for the public but we couldn’t do it without the help and support of all the great businesses that are exhibiting. We’ll see you all in November for our Fall Bridal Show!
Here is just a little update from DC Centre!
Our Spring Bridal Show was great! We had so many great vendors, quite a few that come back to each of our three shows throughout the year and some new ones as well. You can see a directory of all of the businesses on our Bridal Show Website. There was a great turnout of brides and their friends, families and SOs and we loved seeing them all!
We did have a giveaway from DC Centre to one of the lucky, randomly chosen pre-registered brides from the show. We had a custom print made with the bride and her groom’s names etched in a heart on a tree with their wedding date. It was so cute!
Wanna get in on the next show? To pre-register or to be an exhibitor, visit our site!
It’s the second week in April and so we have an adorable giveaway for you! We will be giving away the Wifey Stripe Canvas Tote from Ily Couture!
Entering is super easy:
1. Like our Facebook page
2. Comment on this post and let us know how many people you had or will have in your wedding party!
Entry is for United States residents only at this time. Giveaway will close at 9pm CST, Friday, April 17th. Winner will be announced here on Saturday.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering, entrants agree to a complete release of Facebook.
We really wanted to kick off this new year with some great little updates around the building for our clients.
Last week, over 48 hours, we did a mini makeover for our bridal suite! We hope that we created something that feels a little more classic, elegant and very “bridal” that is in a timeless color scheme.
Take a look! Don’t you want to just lounge on those chairs? The prints from Etsy are just adorable. An entire wall is now wallpaper that has a beautiful metallic gold and silver sheen to it. We even replaced the light switch covers to gold so they matched! The whole space looks just so inviting, we hope you like it!
Usually, there is a time and place for everything and tech use tends to follow this rule. More and more though, you see use of technology incorporated into the wedding day. We can’t blame you! There are so many you can bring your digital world and showcase it IRL.
Here are our favorite ways that you can use tech in your big day:
* We are all so used to using our phones for everything we do, including notes, emails and even books. So why not rely on your trusty cell to keep your vows safe? If you don’t want to fumble with paper up at the front of your family and friends, who may here that paper shaking if you’re a little nervous, using your Notes app on your phone could be a really good option for you. We’ve even seen couples set their relationship status on Facebook to married at the end of their ceremony! Just throwing it out there.
* Your BFF or aunt can’t make it to the big day but you really want them there to at least see the ceremony? Skype it! If you have a computer and there’s wifi at your ceremony location, there shouldn’t be any reason you can’t make it happen.
* It’s pretty likely that your friends are going to be taking photos the entire wedding, unless you ask them not to. Why not take advantage and give them a hashtag to use so you can go back and see all of those photos in one convenient grid. It gives you the opportunity to see your wedding from a different view. There are tons of Pinterest ideas an framing Instagram photos or even turning them into magnets. What an awesome little keepsake! Make sure you choose a hashtag that isn’t too long, easy to remember and type but a little clever so you aren’t sharing the hashtag with hundreds of other photos on Instagram. #weloveit #dccentre
* Have an iPad laying around and have a little DIY running through your veins? Try your hand at a DIY iPad Photo Booth! Seriously, this could be so fun for you and your guests. Really get into it with a creative backdrop and fun props for an unforgettable addition to your night.
With over around 150 weddings every year, we’ve seen a lot. There are so many great ideas we see from our clients, their creativity is pretty amazing. Did you blend tech into your wedding day? Let us know on our Facebook page! Any ideas we can share are always welcome.