Over the last few years we’ve seen trends come and go but one trend is on the upswing and we don’t think it’s going anywhere: tiny weddings! Otherwise known as an intimate or small wedding. You may have been to a few of them already, but we think that more and more, couples are choosing to go tiny for a number of reasons. Are you deciding whether or not to have a tiny wedding?
Here are 6 reasons why having a tiny wedding could make your special day just that much more special:
- Fewer Guests – We know, your family is gigantic and your 2nd cousin’s husbands family wants to come! But is that what you want? Fewer guests gives you the opportunity to really, truly spend your wedding day with the people that you love and that love you! You will get the chance to talk with each of them throughout your day rather than stop by for a quick “Thank you for coming!” and on to the next guest.
- Smaller Bill – A smaller guest list means smaller everything. You can choose a more intimate venue rather than a large one (which could’ve been more expensive). A smaller guest list also means less food to pay for and fewer drinks, fewer favors, fewer centerpieces, basically less of everything! Which usually equals more money in your wallet at the end.
- Say ‘Yes!’ – So you’re saving all of the money on a smaller guest list, you can splurge a little (if you want!) on things you really want for your small wedding. Wanted that adorable photo booth? You can do it now! How about those beautiful crystal, calligraphy place cards for your guests that double as favors? Do it!
- Involvement – If there are fewer people in attendance at your small wedding, then this can give you a unique opportunity. You have the chance to do something that makes it feel like everyone is really involved on your wedding day. For example: you can have one large reception table so everyone feels like family during dinner! So much fun!
- Destination Wedding – You can take this chance, with a smaller wedding, to spend your wedding day at a different location. Your pick! There’s more of a chance that more of the people you invite from a small list will end up going with you. And like we said in our previous post, if you still want that crazy party, come back and have a reception for all of the people that you didn’t invite or couldn’t make it!
- Future – Along with a smaller bill in the end, you have the chance to save money to put towards your future as a married couple after your small wedding day. Why not put that extra savings towards a down payment on your new home? Or how about on that amazing honeymoon you really would like to take. You’d have the opportunity to make even more memories as a couple.
So what do you think? There is no denying the benefits that can come from having a tiny wedding but is it for you?
There are lots of things to consider when planning your wedding and you just can’t rule out the idea of having a small wedding!
Best of luck in your planning and congratulations!
Blame it on the millennials for changing things up. Many of today’s brides are opting for a destination wedding (DW) with close family and friends and then having an AHR (At-Home Reception) for their extended families and friends once they return. The AHR can occur weeks or months after the ceremonial part has concluded. This is an extremely attractive option as the most popular chosen destination wedding locales include Hawaii, Mexico, Bahamas, US Virgin Islands and Turks & Caicos. These locations offer the beautiful scenery, landscape and picture perfect weather that every bride dreams of for her wedding day. The primary drawback to a destination wedding is only a few select guests(which is most often close family and a handful of friends) can attend, which leaves out most of your extended family, friends, coworkers and others who would love to help celebrate your special day.
After the Destination Wedding
The DW is finished and now it’s time to party with all of the guests who could not attend (or weren’t invited) to the wedding ceremony. A party back home allows you to have it both ways — you get your fantasy destination wedding without sacrificing the chance to let a broad circle of friends share in your joy. It allows the folks who didn’t get invited to your I Do’s from feeling left out and takes the pressure off the others who may have gotten an invite to the DW but because of expense or work couldn’t make the trip.
Photography by Mae Small Photography & Birdcage Release
An At Home Reception after the DW can include all or none of the elements of a traditional ceremony and reception day. The key is to make guests feel as though you are doing this for them – as a thank you for supporting them and being part of their lives. The AHR can be as large or small as your budget allows, including dinner, open bar, cake, DJ and dancing!
Many experts agree that an AHR should not include a request for gifts or any “in your face” pictures, slideshows or toasts that include only those who attended your DW. Otherwise, the rest is up to you and your
groom. Enjoy, it’s your day!
Wedding Invitations with a custom design start at $1.25 each. Weddings By Carue offers affordable customized weddings invitations, save the dates, programs or any other printed stationery you may need.
Custom Unlimited Designing + Printed Proof + Personal Service + Helpful Advice = Your Perfect Invitation <3
We would love to be part of your wedding day, so contact Jeanne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402.513.4399 to setup a consultation.
This is a sponsored post.
Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you need to buy a formal dress, that you will only wear one time, though it will cost several hundred dollars? We have been in that same situation. That is why we decided to open Cinderella’s Dress Rentals. We have collected over 6,000 beautiful dresses and have made them available to you, to rent, for your special occasion. We have name brand dresses of the highest quality for a fraction of the cost. We also carry a wide variety of shoes, purses, and accessories to complete you attire from head to toe.
This is a sponsored post.
DC Centre will have a little giveaway for brides who pre-register for our March 6th, 2016 Spring Bridal Show! We will have a random drawing for one bride to win this ‘Bride to Be Ultimate Gift Box’ from FoxBlossom.com.
It includes: a 14 oz Wifey mug, delicate heart necklace with the couples’ initials, slouchy off shoulder white Wifey tee and 3 packs of Bling wipes!
All you have to do is pre-register for the bridal show!
How cute is this?!